VOLVO PENTA D2-50/130S
Volvo Penta D2-50 is a totally integrated package, with the perfectly matched Saildrive 130 S powered by the in-line 4-cylinder, 2.2-liter, naturally aspirated diesel engine using a cam-driven, in-line injection pump, and freshwater cooling. Together, the package gives low cruising rpm with quiet running, and minimal vibrations.
– 115A alternator with built-in charging sensor
– Electronic Vessel Control instrumentation and NMEA interface
– Dedicated oil change pipe
– Relay-activated starter solenoid
– Freshwater cooling is standard
– High-capacity hot water outlet
– Three-point suspended drive mounting gives minimal noise and vibrations
– Low underwater resistance
– Electrically isolated drive and propeller
– Crash absorber keeps engine in place in the event of an impact
– Split anode, replaceable without removing propeller
– Saildrive oil can be changed from inside the boat
Smooth running with low vibration levels is achieved through a dynamically-balanced design incorporating highly efficient rubber isolation. Lower engine speed together with an inlet air silencer reduces noise levels and contributes to increased onboard comfort.
This engine delivers high torque at low rpm. That means plenty of power and quick response when maneuvering in a marina, in strong head wind, and in confined spaces.
SOLID AND ROBUST ENGINE PACKAGE
With a rigid engine block and a one-piece cylinder head, this Volvo Penta marine diesel engine is designed and built to be immensely strong. Together, the engine and Saildrive form a solid, robust and highly efficient package that is easy to install.
High-capacity charging is standard. The 115A alternator has an electronic sensor which enables a higher battery capacity. Even at idle speed, the alternator gives more than 35A, and at cruising speed it de¬livers approx. 100A.
The engine is fitted with freshwater cooling as standard. This reduces internal corrosion and enables the engine to maintain a consistent and optimal working temperature under all conditions.
LONG SERVICE LIFE
A propulsion system from Volvo Penta is easy to maintain. Our comprehensive range of high-quality oil, lubrication and coolant ensures uptime and top performance in the long term. Accessories include a fuel pre-filter to keep the engine in good condition.
Finance Options Available
£7,680 ex vat
For friendly advice on all our engines
Contact SAL Marine
Mon — Fri: 9am — 5pm, Sat: 9am — 12pm