Tohatsu 4-stroke 225HP benefits:
- High output alternator that produces 90 amp alternator with 60 charging amps
- Large Displacement 3.5 Litre V6
- Available in 20” & 25” shaft lengths. Standard and Counter rotation
- Double sealed multi-layered paint process to help protect against corrosion
- Painted interior cooling passages for extra protection against corrosion
- 5 Year limited warranty
High performance and easy operation:
- Programmed fuel injection for optimum performance via four fuel injectors and a common high flow throttle body
- Dual stage induction improves performance
- * BLAST, Boosted Low Speed Torque system which controls Air / Fuel mixture and ignition timing and improves hole shot performance
- * ECOmo (economy controlled motor)lean burn control system allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air / fuel mixture at cruising speed for superior fuel efficiency
- *VVT&LC Variable Valve timing and lift electronic control to improve power, torque and performance
- Variable air intake system results in smooth operation
- Powerful 60amp alternator which delivers 48amp at trolling speed
- Linear rubber engine mounts reduce vibration
- Standard fresh water flush port makes life easier on wash down
- Power trim and tilt
- Standard Side Mount Rig Kit includes Premium Polished Stainless Steel Bezel Tachometer with built in Hourmeter along with a Trim Meter to match
- Optional gauges are available
- High performance and easy operation:
Fundamentals for user conveinence and relaibility:
- 4 Step corrosion protection as a result of double sealed multi layered paint process.
- Speedometer pickup
- Ask your Tohatsu Dealer about the optional Garmin GMI 20 Instrument up-grade !
Warning and protection:
- Low oil pressure warning
- Overheating alert
- Alternator charging alert
- Safety Lanyard
- Over-rev limiter
Performance and efficiency:
Boosted Low Speed Torque or BLAST® improves the acceleration in the lower rpm range.
The acceleration is greatly improved because the boat starts planing faster due to the greater power.
ECOMO ® increases fuel efficiency.
At cruising speeds, a Tohatsu BFT engine consumes 30% less fuel than other engines in its class.
Maximum output 225HP (165.5KW)
Maximum operation range 5000-6000 rpm
Fuel Consumption at W.O.T 75.9 L/Hr
Number of cylinder 6
Bore x Stroke 89 x 93 mm
Displacement 3471 cc
Engine lubrication system Trochoid pump
Starting System Electric starter
Spark plug ZFR6K11
Ignition timing 0°+-2° at 750 min-1 (rpm) B.T.D.C
Alternator output 12V, 60A
Volume of engine oil API Standard (SG, SH, SJ) SAE 10W-30 L
Engine oil capacity 7.8L w/ Filter change
Fuel tank capacity Option 25 L
Speed control Remote Control
Gear reduction ratio 1.87 : 1
Emission compliance EU & CARB 3-Star
Finance subject to status, Terms and conditions apply. Prices do not include delivery.
For friendly advice on all our engines
Contact SAL Marine
Mon — Fri: 9am — 5pm, Sat: 9am — 12pm